CVA is tracking the following bills for 2019 Legislative Session. Click on the bill number to see the text and to get a status report of where the bill is in the legislative process.
Click on the corresponding testimony link to see CVA's statement at the public hearing.
ACTIVE BILLS CVA SUPPORTS
- HB 5386 An Act Prohibiting the Sale or Transfer of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits at Pet Shops that are Not from Animal Welfare Organizations SUPPORT CVA Testimony
- HB 5394 An Act Concerning the Sale and Trade of Ivory and Rhinoceros Horn in The State SUPPORT CVA Testimony
- HB 5251 An Act Prohibiting the Possession and Trade of Shark Fins SUPPORT/ without amendment CVA Testimony
- HB 6014 Prohibit the Use of Leghold and Body Crushing Traps SUPPORT CVA Testimony
- SB 20 BIG SIX AFRICAN TROPHIES ACT: To ban the importation, possession, sale or transportation of the trophies of African giraffes, leopards, lions, elephants, black and white rhinos and their body parts throughout Connecticut. SUPPORT CVA Testimoy
- SB 7 AN ACT ESTABLISHING CALF PASTURE BEACH IN NORWALK AS A WILDLIFE REFUGE SUPPORT CVA Testimony
- SB 21 An Act Concerning the Report of the Task Force on the Humane Treatment of Animals in Municipal Shelters SUPPORT
- SB 245 An Act Prohibiting Hunting Along the Quinnipiac River in New Haven SUPPORT CVA Testimony
- SB 594 An Act Prohibiting Certain Contracts for the Sale or Lease of Cat and Dogs SUPPORT CVA Testimony
ACTIVE BILLS CVA OPPOSES
- SB 586 An Act Authorizing Black Bear Hunting in Litchfield County OPPOSE CVA Testimony
- HB 7297 An Act Concerning Quarantine and Disposal Orders of Animal Control Officers OPPOSE as drafted CVA Testimony
- SB 877 An Act Concerning Revenue Items to Implement the Governor's Budget OPPOSE TAX ON VETERINARY SERVICES CVA Testimony