CVA is tracking the following bills for 2020 Legislative Session. Click on the bill number to see the text and to get a status report of where the bill is in the legislative process.
Click on the corresponding testimony link to see CVA's statement at the public hearing.
ACTIVE BILLS CVA SUPPORTS
- HB 5104 To Prohibit the import and trade of any big six African species - African elephants, giraffes, leopards, lions, black and white rhinos and their body parts throughout Connecticut. SUPPORT CVA Testimoy
- HB 5338 An Act Prohibiting the Sale of Animal Fighting Paraphernalia Support CVA Testimony
- HB 5341 An Act Prohibiting the Sale and Breeding of Certain Cetasceans Support CVA Testimony
- SB 294 An Act Prohibiting the Sale and Trade of Elephant and Rhinoceras Horn in the State. Support CVA Testimony
- HB 5475 An Act Concerning Municipal Restrictions on Pet Shops - Fact Sheet
- SB 388 An Act Concerning Review of Animal Cruelty Laws by the Connecticut Sentencing Commission Support with amendments CVA Testimony
- SB 413 An Act Concerning the Use of Exotic or Wild Animals in Traveling Animal Acts - Fact Sheet & CVA Testimony
- SB 415 An Act Concerning Veterinary Reporting of Dogs Used in Animal Fighting
ACTIVE BILLS CVA OPPOSES
- HB 5337 An Act Concerning the Processing of Rabbits for Consumption: Oppose CVA Testimony and Testimony of Marlene Wilhelm, President, House Rabbit Connection and CVA Advisory Member