- Introductions: Jo-Anne Basile, CVA Executive Director
- Welcome: Jessica Rubin, CVA Board President
- Lobbying During a Pandemic – Joe Grabarz, CVA Advisory Council
- Keynote: Representative Dorinda Borer, House Co-Chair Joint Committee on the Environment - 2021 Priorities
Session 1. Local control of pet shops:A discussion with co-sponsors of 2021 legislation to clarify the authority of local jurisdictions regarding the sales of puppy mill dogs, cats, and rabbits in local pet shops.
- Representative Raghib Allie-Brennan
- Representative Jason Doucette
- Discussion Leaders: Debora Bresch, ASPCA; Annie Hornish, HSUS
- Kathy Worth, CVA Advisory Committee, Moderator
Session 2. Circus bill: A discussion with the co-sponsors of 2021 legislation to stop the use of exotic and wild animals in circuses and other live entertainment.
- Senator Will Haskell
- Representative Ann Hughes
- Discussion Leaders: Jill Alibrandi, Karen Laski, CVA Board of Directors
Session 3. Go fur free: A discussion with co-sponsors of 2021 legislation to ban the sale of new fur products in the state.
- Representative David Michel
- Discussion Leaders: Amy Mallardi, CVA Advisory Council, Liz Garret, Fur Free CT
Session 4. Stop A Bear Hunt and co-exist with wildlife: Working to prevent a bear hunt in CT and a better understanding of how to peacefully co-exist with wildlife.
- Nicole Rivard, Friends of Animal
- Laura Simon, CT Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
- Jo-Anne Basile Moderator
JANUARY 30 WORKSHOP VIDEOS
A special thanks to the Community Foundation of Eastern CT for their partnership in presenting this workshop